cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okta SaaS Manager Integration Terminology

Hello,

I was curious if anyone has integrated Okta with SaaS manager for the purposes of app discovery and usage.

We already have our HR roster via a Workday integration task. Therefore, we're interested in the app discovery angle (see more apps vs connecting one by one with direct integrations).

For Okta - I was wondering:

• SSO Application Access
    • User ID
    • Occurred (Last Login)
    • Would this track every time a user logs into any  application they have assigned to them in Okta?

Also -  I'm assuming this is the differentiation:

• SSO application access = All other apps that are assigned to the user in Okta
  • Application access = physical access to Okta the platform itself.

Just trying to get my bearings before digging in further. Thank you!

(1) Solution

@johnksilverwood 

Flexera is using Okta internally...

• Confirmed  - the SSO application access provides details about users logging into the SaaS apps assigned to them in Okta, e.g. when I click on the Salesforce icon from my Okta SSO browser page.
  • Application access is for Okta itself, e.g. that I log into Okta and potentially other footprints I leave behind about my usage of the Okta SaaS app

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

@johnksilverwood 

Flexera is using Okta internally...

• Confirmed  - the SSO application access provides details about users logging into the SaaS apps assigned to them in Okta, e.g. when I click on the Salesforce icon from my Okta SSO browser page.
  • Application access is for Okta itself, e.g. that I log into Okta and potentially other footprints I leave behind about my usage of the Okta SaaS app

Thanks,

Thanks John!