cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network device info Q

Hi team, 

I have a question for a use-case and I'm hoping Flexera could be the solution for it. I have an in-house developed application that holds network devices CMDB information (vendor, model, S/N etc.)

I want to be able to take the relevant data (vendor/model/SN etc.), feed it via API to something (hopefully flexera), and get back information such as End of Life, End of Service and/or anything publicly available for that specific vendor/model/SN.  (I already have this working for Cisco vendor for example, but that's because they provide this information via their website. I'm hoping to broaden the scope to more vendors and use a centralized db for that, see attached example)

Is this a use case I could use Flexera for, or am I in the wrong place? 🙂 

ta

Note: There is no connection from Flexera to device, there is no agents involved, I am just hoping Flexera has a database of this information I could utilize. 

(2) Replies

Nobody knows this? 🙂 Even if you ignore API, can any of the existing users get this info in Flexera today? Can you add a model of a device and get EOL info automatically from somewhere? 

@dsosic 

The Flexera One Technopedia API may be able to provide the capabilities you're looking for, but please study its APIs and qualify this as per your use cases?

Thanks,