cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Microsoft Tenant causes duplicate licenses

Our company was recently acquired by another, and on December 1 our Microsoft Azure Tenant was moved under their tenant. When that happened the O365 connector created duplicate licenses and no entitlements. I removed all licenses and recreated the connector, but it continues to download two licenses for each application. So here are all the issues I'm seeing:

• Duplicate Licenses
  • No Entitlement on some of the licenses.
  • Allocated and Consumed numbers are different for many of the duplicated licenses. For example Visio one license shows 644 allocated and 639 consumed, while the other shows 641 licenses allocated and 637 Consumed. Azure shows 641 allocated.
  • Azure Active Directory Licenses shows 36 licenses but the connector creates 80 (so 40 products)

When I log into Azure I see our entitlements fine. Has anyone experienced this? I plan on opening a case, but thought I would ask out here in the community, too.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you still have the old M365 connection listed on the system menu > Data Inputs > Inventory Data page in the web UI? If the connection is still appearing there, try deleting it and then deleting all the old license records again - that may be enough to stop them coming back.

If you still see the old license records coming back even after the connection has been deleted from the Inventory Data page, based on your observations here it may be that in this situation some manual manipulation of data will need to be done in the compliance database to remove the traces of the license details from the old connection.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
bmaudlin
By Level 9 Champion
Level 9 Champion

@EHacking I have seen similar, when our the server that hosted our M365 adapter was upgraded so required a rebuild of the beacon software. 

When reenabling the adapter it duplicated all licences, however after removing the old ones the newly created licences started to update correctly and the old ones did not come back. I have a separate call open where I always see a discrepancy in the actual licence numbers / purchases/consumed etc. This seems to be present even when I look at the raw files, compared to the M365 portal and the daily report we receive from Microsoft. 

@bmaudlin thanks for the response. When you said "rebuild of the beacon software" what did you mean? Reinstalling it? 

And I did remove all the licenses (twice) but it keeps duplicating them.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.

@EHacking, yes reinstalling it, and adding back the necessary inventory connectors and business adapters. The only other thing to look for is if the old adapter is still the WebUI and remove that from the Inventory Data page.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you still have the old M365 connection listed on the system menu > Data Inputs > Inventory Data page in the web UI? If the connection is still appearing there, try deleting it and then deleting all the old license records again - that may be enough to stop them coming back.

If you still see the old license records coming back even after the connection has been deleted from the Inventory Data page, based on your observations here it may be that in this situation some manual manipulation of data will need to be done in the compliance database to remove the traces of the license details from the old connection.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)