cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

List all software installs

Hi All. I'm new to "Flexera One". Is there a simple way I can generate a listing that details every piece of hardware and every software application that is installed on each of those hardware items ? I appreciate that this would be very large but once exported to Excel it would be invaluable. Thoughts?

Thanks...

(1) Solution

You may find the built-in Application Installation Details report helpful:

image.png

(With that said, I'm not sure that this report is working yet in the Flexera One UI. If you need to use this report and encounter an error when running it, you may need to log a case with Flexera Support to get some help for the moment. The report can be used through the older FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud UI if you have access to that.)

As noted in the original post, this kind of reporting can produce massive amounts of data. If you are configuring custom reports that list installation records, it is not too hard to configure a report that will produce more data than the reporting system (or an Excel spreadsheet) can handle - so do consider using filters to limit the amount of data returned to a manageable level. The built-in report requires at least a specific publisher to be selected for reporting to mitigate this challenge.

You may also find it helpful to review the following threads which touch on a similar topic to this one:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

Hi There, 

Based on my personal experience, a simple custom report should work fine. 

in FlexeraOne select >Reporting  > Saved reports (near the top). 

Select the relevant folder you wish to create a report in and click create on the far right. 

In the drop down select 'installion' and select add. (this should add 4 fields - application name; inventory device name; publisher and version) you can add additional fields on the right if you wish  > then select preview in the bottom right and you can see what the report looks like. But quite sure this will suit your needs. 

maybe add the application classification so you can filter by commercial, component, freeware etc. applications. 

regards, 

Kevin 

Hi, thanks for such a speedy response. Probably a daft question - but where is the "Create" option - I don't see it!?

Hi @TerryBate 

As suggested by @KGrieve  please follow the steps. Go to Saved reports page and in the same page you'll be able to see create a report (scroll to the right of the page)as shown in the screenshot.Create report.JPG

Regards,

You may find the built-in Application Installation Details report helpful:

image.png

(With that said, I'm not sure that this report is working yet in the Flexera One UI. If you need to use this report and encounter an error when running it, you may need to log a case with Flexera Support to get some help for the moment. The report can be used through the older FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud UI if you have access to that.)

As noted in the original post, this kind of reporting can produce massive amounts of data. If you are configuring custom reports that list installation records, it is not too hard to configure a report that will produce more data than the reporting system (or an Excel spreadsheet) can handle - so do consider using filters to limit the amount of data returned to a manageable level. The built-in report requires at least a specific publisher to be selected for reporting to mitigate this challenge.

You may also find it helpful to review the following threads which touch on a similar topic to this one:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)