cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Licenses: use rights & rules: exemptions

When setting up some of our licenses we have noticed that some license types appear to allow for license exemptions while others do not have to have that section included in the use rights & rules section of the license.

Is there  a document or some link someone can provide that would list the License Types and whether or not the Exemption option under the License Use Rights & Rules area is allowed for with that license type?

Thank you in advance!

(1) Solution

Thank you for submitting a case for this issue, ttaccini.
Engineering found three more license types should be on that list and asked the team to update the document.

The (updated) list of license types where exemptions by device role are not supported is:

ā€¢ Microsoft User CAL and Microsoft Device CAL for which the Consume entitlements based on property (in the Use rights & rules tab) is set to Access
ā€¢ Enterprise
ā€¢ Evaluation
ā€¢ SAP Named User
ā€¢ SAP Packages
ā€¢ Site
ā€¢ IBM Floating User
ā€¢ IBM RVU
ā€¢ IBM Concurrent User

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

The Flexera One On-line or In-product help lists the license types that do not support exemptions by device role on the Use Rights & Rules tab of a license. The current list of license types where exemptions by device role are not supported is:

ā€¢ Microsoft User CAL and Microsoft Device CAL for which the Consume entitlements based on property (in the Use rights & rules tab) is set to Access
ā€¢ Enterprise
ā€¢ Evaluation
ā€¢ SAP Named User
ā€¢ SAP Packages
ā€¢ Site

You can also find that list on the help page linked below. 
https://docs.flexera.com/flexera/EN/ITAssets/LicProp-Exemptions.htm?Highlight=Exemptions

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thank you for that feedback, and I had previously found & seen that list.  However I was confused by the data provided there.

Because we have items in the License Type drop down, such as IBM RVU (as one of multiple examples), which does not appear to have the Exemption option as well.

Where in the list you provided would that fall?

It appears that some of the newer license types to be added to Flexera One (and FlexNet Manager Suite) are missing from this page in the documentation, such as IBM RVU and IBM UVU.
Please submit a support case and our Technical support team will work to get the documentation updated to include these license types. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

OK, case has been opened.

That wasn't the outcome I expected. Oh well. Happy Friday.

Thank you for submitting a case for this issue, ttaccini.
Engineering found three more license types should be on that list and asked the team to update the document.

The (updated) list of license types where exemptions by device role are not supported is:

ā€¢ Enterprise
ā€¢ Evaluation
ā€¢ SAP Named User
ā€¢ SAP Packages
ā€¢ Site
ā€¢ IBM Floating User
ā€¢ IBM RVU
ā€¢ IBM Concurrent User