cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an easy way to batch move licenses from one publisher to a new publisher name in Flexera One

Is there an easy way to batch move licenses from one publisher to a new publisher name without manually going into each license to make the change?

Thanks!

(6) Replies

@mdh7768 - Yes, you can create a spreadsheet with 2 columns:  The license name and the new publisher.  Then, create a Business Adapter that reads the spreadsheet to match on Vendor and Software License and update the software license publisher.

Can it be done as a manual upload using the  one off import template?

There is no template for this type of update, which is why you will need a Business Adapter.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You can bulk edit multiple licenses of the same type in the web UI:

1. Select multiple licenses that have the same type, and click the Open button to edit them.
  2. Change the publisher on all of those licenses.
  3. Repeat these steps for any other license types under the publisher you're wanting to update.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I am on the all licenses tab. I select all licenses  under a specific publisher. The Open button is not an option, only create a license . Is there a different step that needs to occur?

The Open button will be disabled if you select multiple licenses with different types. Be sure to only select licenses with the same type and edit them together, then repeat the steps for the next type as I described above.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)