cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall software completely from device?

Usually uninstalled software from device, there is no software installed in Control Panel->All Control Panel Items->Programs and Features, even no related evidence in NDI file, but still reflect in FNMS with software installed.

From client side, how to remove software completely and reflect in FNMS successful?

attached sample NDI - Actually only has Acrobat DC (2021)  installed, but reflect in FNMS with Acrobat DC (2021)  and Acrobat X Standard installed together.

(8) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The NDI file attached contains a range of evidence that suggests Acrobat DC is installed. For example, here are some extracts:

<Key Path="HKLM32\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall">
	<Key Path="{AC76BA86-1033-FFFF-7760-0C0F074E4100}" Value="">
		<Key Name="DisplayVersion" Value="21.001.20155"/>
		<Key Name="InstallLocation" Value="C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\"/>
		<Key Name="Publisher" Value="Adobe Systems Incorporated"/>
		<Key Name="DisplayName" Value="Adobe Acrobat DC"/>
	</Key>
</Key>
<Package Name="Adobe Acrobat DC" Version="21.001.20155" InstallDate="20210513T000000" Evidence="MSI">
	<Property Name="InstalledProductName" Value="Adobe Acrobat DC"/>
	<Property Name="Publisher" Value="Adobe Systems Incorporated"/>
</Package>

I note the NDI file has a date of 8 June. Was the software uninstalled after this date? If so, you may find the information shown in FlexNet Manager Suite gets updated once fresh inventory is gathered and imported - check a more current NDI file to see if it continues to show details of an Acrobat installation.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

yes, Acrobat DC is installed, but Acrobat X is not installed, however FNMS is reporting Acrobat X is installed on that PC.

Try taking a look at the information on the Evidence tab when viewing the inventory device record in the web UI. The information there may help to identify what specific evidence is being used to recognize the Acrobat X installation. With that information you can consider whether that evidence is represented in the NDI file, or whether it may be coming from somewhere else.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

there is no evidence in local disk, and unable to find related evidence in NDI file as well, so we don't know how to do...

What evidence is shown as being the raw data used for recognizing the Acrobat X installation on the Evidence tab when you view the inventory device record in the web UI?

no evidence is shown at all

@ericchenns 

I just tested importing the .ndi file attached above and this is what I see under Raw Installer evidence for Adobe for your device:

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Our FNMS admin help me to delete the device on 18/June, and then get fresh NDI file after couple of days.

Acrobat X Standard was not reported by Flexera anymore.

but for end user, I don't know what happened.