cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does SaaS Manager consolidate user accounts?

tbesse
By
Flexera Alumni

I was wondering how SaaS Manager consolidates user accounts. There are scenarios where a single user can be registered to various services using different addresses. How are these mapped to the same user, if at all?

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
(1) Solution

Hello! SaaS Manager utilizes email as the Unique ID of a user. All license allocation and usage will map back to the email so that all of the per user information for all connected applications exist under the same user record.

FSM also has the concept of "Email Aliases" which are emails associated with a particular user that are not that user's primary email.

Ex. John Smith has john.smith@contoso.com AND j.smith@contoso.com.

As an administrator in FSM, I can go to John Smith's user profile (john.smith@contoso.com) and manually add an email alias (j.smith@contoso.com) to get the full view of John's usage across both of his accounts.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Hello! SaaS Manager utilizes email as the Unique ID of a user. All license allocation and usage will map back to the email so that all of the per user information for all connected applications exist under the same user record.

FSM also has the concept of "Email Aliases" which are emails associated with a particular user that are not that user's primary email.

Ex. John Smith has john.smith@contoso.com AND j.smith@contoso.com.

As an administrator in FSM, I can go to John Smith's user profile (john.smith@contoso.com) and manually add an email alias (j.smith@contoso.com) to get the full view of John's usage across both of his accounts.