cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexera Agent Updating on MAC

We have older version of Flexera agent installed on MAC Now we need to update it to latest version.

Can we update the Flexera agent without deleting the older version? 

(1) Solution
mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion
I would go for install and it should upgrade the already deployed version. You can test to perform a manual installation/upgrade to verify that it work in your environment

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
bmaudlin
By Level 9 Champion
Level 9 Champion

Hello @atique  👋

Do you currently deploy the Mac agent via a deployment system such as Jamf or Intune?

As there is broadly two ways to update an agent, either by a deployment system or the automated route through the FNMS/ITAM web UI.

To answer your point about not deleting the older version? Is there any reason why you would have a requirement for the older agent to remain? As far as I know - you can only have one version of the agent installed at anyone time.

Ben

Hi @bmaudlin ,

We do install MAC via JAMF.

We already have Flexera agent version 15 installed on MAC we want to update in to latest version.

In order to install the latest version should we uninstall old version then install latest version

Or

Directly install latest version without deleting old version.

mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion
I would go for install and it should upgrade the already deployed version. You can test to perform a manual installation/upgrade to verify that it work in your environment