cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,

To ensure an intact connection between FIA and Flexera Beacon , I was thinking if there's any FNMS process (i.e. mgspolicy.exe, ndtrack.exe) you would recommend that I can deploy and be added to the scheduled tasks of each client and server that will run I'm thinking like twice a month.

Thanks.

(1) Solution
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

If you installed the FNMS Inventory Agent (successful bootstrapping), it should have a schedule to connect to one of its Beacons daily. In that case, no  additional scheduled task should be needed.

If you have issues like agents not reporting back reliably, you need to identify the actual cause(s). Just adding a scheduled task might not solve much.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

FNMS Agent interact with beacon with IIS. You can check IIS logs to validate client beacon communication. 

I'm afraid I got no permission access to logs file to check IIS logs.

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

If you installed the FNMS Inventory Agent (successful bootstrapping), it should have a schedule to connect to one of its Beacons daily. In that case, no  additional scheduled task should be needed.

If you have issues like agents not reporting back reliably, you need to identify the actual cause(s). Just adding a scheduled task might not solve much.