cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exempting from consuming entitlements from a license

In a virtual environment (Cluster-Host-VM), at what level do you need to apply a consumption exemption on a license?

My initial thought was to exempt the host, as that is where the consumed points are calculated. However, I am getting mixed results as some exemptions I have are being exempted (Consumed points is 0) and some are not (Consumed points is not 0).

See attached file for examples of each.

(1) Solution
nrousseau1
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Hello @reevejw ,

The exemption is today at installed device level... then the reconciliation ignores the impact of the installations (that could have consumed the license) in the next calculations that can go beyond this installed devices (sub capacity, capping etc.).

There is no "Allocation or Exemption inheritance" today. Which is a pain in the case where VMs keep moving for instance... this is one area where things could move soon.

Best regards,

Nicolas Rousseau

Senior Product Manager

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
nrousseau1
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Hello @reevejw ,

The exemption is today at installed device level... then the reconciliation ignores the impact of the installations (that could have consumed the license) in the next calculations that can go beyond this installed devices (sub capacity, capping etc.).

There is no "Allocation or Exemption inheritance" today. Which is a pain in the case where VMs keep moving for instance... this is one area where things could move soon.

Best regards,

Nicolas Rousseau

Senior Product Manager