cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evidence for an application installed by device

Have a query, is NDI file the only source to recognize an application which has been installed on device? In other words, besides NDI file, is there any  other data source which is being used to recognize an application for device?

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

NDI files are the primary files returned by various inventory gathering processes executed directly by FlexNet Manager Suite that provide evidence that is used to recognize installed applications.

Evidence used during the application recognition process can also be imported from a wide range of other systems and data sources. Such data can be obtained from many of the products listed on the Compatibility with Other Products page without any NDI files being involved in the data flow.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Flexera_One.jpg

Why this evidence "regid.1991-06.com.microsoft Microsoft Excel 2013.swidtag"  was linked with device "btmw30034"?

at client side, in control panel, in registry, in local disk, in NDI file....not found the evidence "regid.1991-06.com.microsoft Microsoft Excel 2013.swidtag".

So how to remove "regid.1991-06.com.microsoft Microsoft Excel 2013.swidtag" from btmw30034?

@ericchenns 

I just checked my Windows 10 and it looks to me as if the Microsoft swidtag files are placed in C:\Users\All Users\regid.1991-06.com.microsoft (probably the default) so you may want to check there if this file actually exists.

Thanks,