cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Life tracking for Cloud Assets

Does anyone use Flexera data to track EOL for Cloud Assets? Since the version of the Cloud Service is not visible to the customer - wondering how this is typically managed at firms.

(4) Replies

@shamadeshmukh 

I think that you may want to elaborate a bit further on your use case(s) behind your questions, e.g. it's not quite clear to me whether you're referring to EOL tracking of software applications running inside Cloud Assets, whether you're referring to the instance types of the Cloud Assets, etc.?

Thanks,

I am referring to the actual services . For instance - a S3 bucket service used for a AWS implementation of a compute for an application. In this case, how is the EOL tracked for the service instance itself? Usually, the services' EOL is not visible to the customer.

@shamadeshmukh 

For the S3 example, you could create a policy to monitor the S3 objects' lifecycles through AWS API's and notify you (or whoever needs to be notified, create an incident in an ITSM solution, etc.) in advance of the object's lifecycle expiring, or just to report on S3 objects without a lifecycle rule attached, etc. please refer to AWS Managing your storage lifecycle documentation and especially its API's.

Please feel free to contact your Flexera/partner team for further guidance...

Thanks,

This is referring to objects inside the S3 bucket - its the content lifecycle and not anything to do with the service version (S3 version) itself.