cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cognos Packaged with Another Product - shows consumption

Are manual exemptions to consumptions required when a product (Cognos in this instance) is provided as part of another licensed product?  I am currently showing consumption of Cognos and have been told the license is included with Infor, therefore, we do not need to pay for the entitlement.

Thanks 

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Manual exemptions are a common way to deal with this situation. Other approaches would include:

• Configure a license record for "Cognos license included with Infor" that is set up to cover the installation. For example, this license might have a type of "Node locked", and then you could explicitly allocate the relevant device(s) with Cognos installed to that license.
  • If Cognos is installed on the same device as Infor software is installed, Cognos might be able to be configured as a secondary product on the license where Infor is the primary product.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Manual exemptions are a common way to deal with this situation. Other approaches would include:

• Configure a license record for "Cognos license included with Infor" that is set up to cover the installation. For example, this license might have a type of "Node locked", and then you could explicitly allocate the relevant device(s) with Cognos installed to that license.
  • If Cognos is installed on the same device as Infor software is installed, Cognos might be able to be configured as a secondary product on the license where Infor is the primary product.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)