cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cognos Analytics Reporting - Corporate Unit

Hi - 

I was wondering if anyone had experience with reporting on Corporate Unit in Cognos Analytics.

From this training video, it is recommended to use the "Flexera Data Models" dataset.  I dont see corporate unit in that dataset.

My goal is to create a report that splits something like this... Basically just splitting total app installs by corporate unit. 

Corporate Unit A  Corporate unit B
PublisherProductInstallsPublisherProductInstalls

Right now we can't create anything like this in the FNMS side - as I dont think the application table does a high level split like this.

Any ideas or advice? Thanks !

(1) Solution

I may have found an answer to my own question. It seems the "Flexera Asset Management Model" is a newer data model - v 2020 - That seems to have corporate unit in that data model...

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

I may have found an answer to my own question. It seems the "Flexera Asset Management Model" is a newer data model - v 2020 - That seems to have corporate unit in that data model...

Now that i am auditing this data further - It doesn't seem to make sense. Some apps have no corporate unit, and others arbitrarily pick a corporate unit.

What I got:

• Microsoft Product #1 - Corporate unit A - All total installs
  • Microsoft Product #2 - Corporate unit B - All total installs
  • and other ones just totally blank for corp unit and all total installs

What i was expecting:

• Microsoft Product #1 - Corporate unit A - X installs
  • Microsoft Product #1 - Corporate unit B - Y installs
  • Microsoft Product #1 - Corporate unit C - Z installs
  • Total of XYZ equals all total installs of Product #1

I'm assuming that relating the Corporate unit data to the App data just seems to not be playing nicely... Still open to ideas if anyone has built reports like this. Thanks ! 

Applications are not linked to a Corporate Unit, but the Inventory Devices are.  You need to include the App Name, the Inventory Device Name and the Corporate Unit of the device that the application is installed on.  Then create your summary counts.

Thanks! I am trying to add inventory device name to my cognos report, but i keep getting this error:

XQE-DAT-0001 Data source adapter error: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Conversion failed when converting the varchar value 'Tenant has not been set' to data type smallint.
CAF-WRN-2082 An error has occurred. Please contact your administrator. The complete error has been logged by CAF with SecureErrorID:2021-09-21-08:03:15.225-#1324

I am assuming it is some issue with the data feed on Inventory Device name. I'm using Inventory > Inventory Attributes > Computer Name in my cognos query.