cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Adapter Studio Connection - Azure SQL PaaS (Authentication Inquiry)

Hello Flexera Community Members!

We are trying to find out if the Business Adapter Studio can connect to a source connection hosted in Azure using either the Service Principal Name (SPN) or a generated access token for authentication?

The goal is to import various business data sources into a staging database hosted in Azure SQL, have the data normalized, and then import the data from the staging database into Flexera One.

However, the InfoSec team requires multi-factor authentication for accounts (including functional ids) accessing Azure Resources, which is not ideal in this scenario.

@DAWN

(4) Replies

Yes, you can use Service Principal Name (SPN). for Azure Adaptor connection. You may refer below doc

https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2022R1/EN/WebHelp/index.html#tasks/IB-ConnectAzure.html

I am aware that you can use the Service Principal Name (SPN) for Azure Adapter connection.

I need to know if this can also be used in a Business Adapter.

Unfortunately this isn't possible today. You CAN use PowerShell (or other similar methods) to pull the data to save as a flat file or push into another local DB which the Business Adapter Studio can connect to.

I would add that as an IDEA. If you do - please link it here as I think this would be a great addition to our tool as more and more are moving their workloads off of local resources and leveraging more modern authentication methods.

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for the reply.

I submitted the IDEA (FXONE-I-453) per your recommendation.