Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning permissions to users on Flexera One

bmaudlin
By Level 9 Champion
Level 9 Champion

Hi Guys, 👋

Is there any documentation anywhere to explain how to assign users in Flexera One, and the detail on what the permissions allow?

For example, if I need to onboard a new user to IT Asset, should I add them to Flexera One and then IT Asset, however they should not have access to IT Visibility.

Ideally I would need guidance on how to perform this activity manually, and also via SSO.

Ben 

(3) Replies

Hi @bmaudlin 

Here is a list of roles you could provide that user. 

https://docs.flexera.com/flexera/EN/Administration/flexeraroles.htm

Typically you'd create groups with specific roles. You then would add users to the groups.

Some user will belong to 2 (Admin , End User) or more groups depending on the access they require.

The role you would assign to this user is ab_end_user 

IT Asset Requests End User—Limited access to IT Asset Requests API, IT Asset Requests application in Flexera One, and no access to IT Asset Requests admin user interface.

Currently for users who authenticate via SSO, you would simple add them to the group. In the near future there will be capabilities to have user automatically be join a group.

Please let us know if this has helped. 

Hi @egonzalez,

Okay that's great detail.

So if I need to grant a user access to IT Asset Management, should the process be onboard them to Flexera One, then onboard them to FNMS? Does this send out two emails to the user, pointing to log into FNMS also.

Or

If I onboard them to Flexera One with the FNMS access, does this set up the user on FNMS, and then I need to provide further granular access to the end user - with only one email from the system?

Ben

Hey @egonzalez,

Is there any update on my further comment? 

Ben