cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AamerSharif
By Level 9 Flexeran
Level 9 Flexeran

We are pleased to inform you that the June 2022 update (release number 2022 R1.2) of Flexera One ITAM is deployed to UAT environments on May 27 and the production environment in Europe on June 3. We are planning to upgrade North America on June 8.

Please note upgrade schedule is subject to change, you will be notified in the event that we need to modify the upgrade schedule date. If you have any questions about this release or upgrade, please ask through the community or contact Customer Support.

The release notes are available in the online product documentation.

Following are the features and improvements included in the June update

New Microsoft Windows Server Optimization Flat View Report  (Using the exact same logic and inputs as the  Windows Server Optimization report released in 2021 R1.4, this report addresses these complexities and challenges and provides a flat list of VM Hosts) 

New "Product" filter for generating Application Transparency reports(Application transparency report, now you have the option to pre-filter the records by a selected product name and only the records associated with that product will be displayed) 

User data imported from Active Directory now returns the email address key for SaaS user normalization extension(User data is received from a variety of different sources, such as Active Directory and SaaS products like O365 and Salesforce. Extension to user data from the active directory will help to merge user data when imported from inventory and SaaS inventory sources) 

Bulk enable and disable import detailed evidence (Now users can do bulk enable and disable import detailed evidence by selecting multiple applications through the Applications grid) 

Option to select or deselect Oracle database instance from the audit report

Lists of supported operating systems and compatibility with other products have been updated

Inventory Agent change log

FlexNet Beacon change log

Resolved issues published(Going to be published soon) 

We love to hear about your experiences, so let us know how things go with these updates by posting a comment here or in the Flexera One Forum. Of course, the friendly Flexera Support team is also always standing by to take your call. 

Thanks for being a partner of Flexera on this journey.

Regards,
Team Flexera

Aamer Sharif

Sr Product Manager Flexera One / ITAM

(11) Comments
WStephans
By
Level 6

Regarding the "User data imported from Active Directory now returns email address key for SaaS user normalization"...will this automatically start happening or is any change needed in order to start getting email address from AD?

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@WStephans - I don't know for sure, but I would guess that the email address data would start to come in automatically once your beacon that gathers data from AD has been upgraded.

MurrayPeters
By
Level 7

Can you please clarify exactly how this works (AD email address sync) as we have previously needed to build business adapters that import both email and userprincipal attributes from AD (into the email and alternateemail attributes for users in FNMS) to ensure that SaaS Manager Imports and even FlexNet Manager imports from Microsoft 365 inventory connectors do not cause user duplication.   

So does this new capability now populate either of the default Email/Alternate Email fields in User records?  If so, is it optional (i.e. needs to be enabled) so that it doesn't clobber  previously necessary customisations in place?

I understand the enhancement/step forward which is great but am cautious/concerned about the potential impact on existing customisations that were absolutely required for data integrity in the past.

thanks,
Murray

kclausen
By
Flexera Alumni

@MurrayPeters - It will update the user "Email" address within ITAM with the corresponding "email" address attribute from Active Directory.

The Alternate Email address in the User record is not touched by this process.

MurrayPeters
By
Level 7

Thanks Cap!

I have lots of customers with existing AD adapters that update both  the Email and Alternate Email fields in ITAM with LDAP business adapters running on beacons.  Are you saying that this new enhancement will now start populating the "Email" address in ITAM ?  And if so is it using the Email address from AD, or the userPrincipalName, or a rule that relates to both?

It's critical we understand the change as whilst I'm sure it's a great step forward for OOTB/new customers we need to make sure the integrity of existing customers is guaranteed/managed.

Other qns of interest from me on this topic 🙂

* You can probably tell I'm uncertain if this change affects the HR roster import into SaaS users, or the sync between SaaS and ITAM.  Please add any clarification you can as to the order/sequencing/dependencies.

* Is the AD integration for Azure AD or on prem AD, or both?   Or is there *any* dependencies on having AD sync enabled?

kclausen
By
Flexera Alumni

@MurrayPeters - This is only for ITAM via the Active Directory connection on the Beacon.  The process to create SaaS users via an HR Roster is completely independent of creating ITAM Users.

This change is made primarily for importing User data from SaaS Manager.

When importing from SaaS Manager, the Email Address will already be populated in ITAM from Active Directory, preventing duplicate User records being created in ITAM.  In the past, you had to import users into ITAM from Active Directory and then create a separate LDAP Business Adapter to bring in the email address from AD.  This secondary step is no longer required.

Populating the Alternate Email address in ITAM still requires a separate Business Adapter.

I don't have any other specific Technical Documentation, Murray.

Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Hello @AamerSharif , @kclausen 

I agree with the comments that it will help the new work of the AD connection via beacon to easy matching with FSM from now on. But by reading so far I don't see a confirmation whether there is a 'control' allow the user to accept this new feature or not. If so , I am quite surprised that Such "Customer data value change behavior" as it may implicitly update customer-preferred data value without control to stop in first place. 

Could Flexera team further confirm the following points as they are critically important to understand this new feature may alter the existing data.

1. If the existing ITAM Beacon<>AD + Customization Business adapter are in place (particularly if the source of email value via BAS is not AD email field), will this new feature force update the existing email by AD email value ?  Or it has a sort of logic say if ComplianceUser email is not empty then don't update via AD email key?

2.  Can we confirm now FSM - > ITAM overnight integration, for those Saas User email still not find in the ITAM , do we create 'new' user in ITAM in order to at least make the license consumption/allocation figure correct ? becaues through the read, this new feature may be implemented in order to avoid creating too many 'duplicated' users FSM->ITAM in the past. But what if the Saas user somehow doesn't exist in ITAM User, will he/she still be created? 

Lastly, timing is about right that I started observing a strange behavior since yesterday (#02581222) on my client of FSM->ITAM , the overnight ITAM license consumption created has short of user number. The issue didn't exist in the UAT environment (same cloud source/configuration steps) which built in early May. But Production built yesterday has number of user short in license allocation.  It might just be a 'side' effect related to this 'change' ?

Anyhow I will see what Support team come up with. But for my two clarifications can be confirmed will be much appreciated.

Best Regards

Kevin

WStephans
By
Level 6

Has Flexera published a standard business adapter to make the allocations from the Microsoft Windows Server Optimization Flat View Report? Or do we need to create a custom one from scratch?

ChrisG
Community Manager

@WStephans - I'm not aware of any generally available existing business adapter to import data from the Microsoft Windows Server Optimization Flat View Report. Unless you can find somebody who has worked with that data source before, it's likely you'll have to do it yourself.

WStephans
By
Level 6

@ChrisG where should the 'Forced Consumption' value from the Flat View report be put when creating the Business Adapter? The 'Overriden Consumption' field on the license is the only one that seems to make sense but we do not see this as an available field to update within Business Adapter Studio.

ChrisG
Community Manager

@WStephans - while I don't really have my head around the data or scenario you're working with here, I can't think of any obvious direct use for the "Forced Consumption" value from the Microsoft Windows Server Optimization Flat View report in a business adapter.