cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't older clients check-out licenses borrowed by newer clients?

Summary

Question

Did something change around FNP 11.14 that causes clients to not be able to use a borrowed license that was borrowed from a newer client? I?m running an 11.14.1.2 server (also reproduced with 11.14.0.1) and borrowed a license using and 11.14.0.1 client. Then when off the network I tried to use an 11.13.1.3 client (which used a checkout version lower than the one used to borrow), but the checkout failed. I can use an 11.14.0.1 client with a lower checkout version and use the borrowed key, so it seems like a version issue between 11.13 and 11.14. When building my vendor daemon I?m adding -bfixed to the lmnewgen call, so this is supposed to work.

Answer

Your version of lmcrypt is actually quite old, so there is no version issue here. FNP 11.14.0 changed options available for borrow format of the data that is written in the registry (the key name now has the version number in it). Because of this, the old clients can't read this properly. If you remove the version from the name, the older clients work.
Was this article helpful? Yes No
0% helpful (0/1)
Version history
Last update:
‎Nov 14, 2018 10:02 PM
Updated by: