-served and -borrow local activation (appactutil) options comparison
- Activation with -borrow model can be replaced with -served model. There is no fundamental difference between these two.
- Activation with -borrow was introduced to showcase that borrow functionality provided on certificate side can also reached with Trusted storage. Considering the advantage that borrow information will be stored on more secured location.
To give similar behavior,
- It is expected that while using -borrow we should only have hybrid count. License server will able to track the count.
- Borrow activation applies to license server and not applicable for back office.
- For introducing the TS borrow support in FlexEnabled application, code base is quite simplified compared to classic activation.