cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OM_TMC
Level 3

lmtools shows wrong disk volume serial number

Hi,

I am using a software tool, which uses the flexera flexlm licensing (Microsemi Libero SoC with Synplify from Synopsis).
For purchasing a license, I had to read out my Disk Volume Serial Number with the batch command vol C:.

After installation of the complete toolset, one part of the toolset (Synplify) does not work as is not accepting the license. All other parts seem good.

License checkout unsuccessful: synplifypro_actel
Checkout failed - synplifypro_actel Invalid host.
The hostid of this system does not match the hostid
specified in the license file.
Feature: synplifypro_actel
License path: c:\flexlm\License.dat;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-9,234
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

When checking configuration with lmtools, a wrong Disk Volume Serial Number is shown, which looks like a fake one: abcd-4567.

I am using Windows 10 and the Software Toolset is not specified for Windows 10.
All of my colleagues have no issues like this and are also running Windows 10. They installed the Toolset and upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10.
I did vice versa. Support of toolset says, they are not responsible as the license is correct.

I hope anybody in this forum has an idea of what is going wrong.

Best Regards,

OM_TMC
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
OM_TMC
Level 3

I found out, that lmtools shows the Volume ID of my Ramdisk. So the Disk Volume Serial Number shown in lmtools equals the output of the command: vol B:

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
raffie
Level 6

I believe that the algorithm for identifying the volume serial number is to find the first fixed drive on the system. So I would think that if you remapped your RAM drive to use a letter higher than C, then things should work.
I'd recommend reporting this to Synopsis so that they can report this to Flexera. It sounds like their detection of actual drives might need to be tightened up a bit.

Eric
0 Kudos
OM_TMC
Level 3

Thank you. That's the solution. I changed my RAMdisk's drive letter to R: and everything was fine. I also told Microsemi.

Best Regards,

OM_TMC
0 Kudos
nanik88
Level 2

This might be better
0 Kudos