cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnH
Level 3

lmadmin installation and setup documentation

Jump to solution

We're using FlexNet Publisher to provide licensing for our product and will be supporting floating licenses using a license server. We're currently producing documentation on how our end customers should install/setup the license server.

The "FlexNet Publisher License Administration Guide" provides some details of how to do this, but are we allowed to redistribute this document to our end customers, or is that a breach of the copyright? Also, even if we can distribute this guide, there's a lot of information in there that's only relevant to us and not the end customer.

Is there redistributable documentation we can provide our customers on how to setup and run an lmadmin server, or are we expected to produce all of that ourself?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

@ShawnH , I am afraid that there isn't any specific documentation for the End users. I may advise to create your own set of documentation with specifying the info that could be helpful to end customers.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@ShawnH , May i draw your attention to this KB article: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/Clarification-of-what-files-can-be-re-distributed-to-end-users/ta-p/101684https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/Clarification-of-what-files-can-be-re-distributed-to-end-users/ta-p/101684

Kindly check this out and hope it answers your queries.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)

Thanks @aparashar1, I hadn't seen that and that is very helpful! The second concern I had is that the License Administration Guide is a very comprehensive document, a lot of which our end users are likely to not need. Is there more concise documentation that just covers setting up a license server?

0 Kudos

@ShawnH , I am afraid that there isn't any specific documentation for the End users. I may advise to create your own set of documentation with specifying the info that could be helpful to end customers.

0 Kudos