cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yamahapacifi
Level 5

lc_set_attr and lmutil lmpath -status

We are primarily using Trusted Storage, but need to use license files to support dongles. We have designated ..\documents and settings\all users\application data\\\common\license as our license file directory.

The following call succeeds (szLicDir is set as above):
nRC = lc_set_attr(lm_job, LM_A_LICENSE_DEFAULT, (LM_A_VAL_TYPE)szLicDir);

...but the subsequent call to lc_checkout fails (-1). If I check the paths for my vendor daemon using 'lmutil lmpath -status' the path does not show up. If I manually use lmutil lmpath -override to set the path, then lc_checkout succeeds. Am I formatting my search string incorrectly?

Diagnostic dump below:

[4212] { 5164} Server Runtime : Initializing FLEX license path to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kepware\common\License\;.

[4212] { 4020} Server Runtime : Checkout of feature [KEPServerEX_V5], version [2008.07] failed. Error=[Cannot find license file.
[4212] The license files (or license server system network addresses) attempted are
[4212] listed below. Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different license file,
[4212] or contact your software provider for a license file.
[4212] Feature: KEPServerEX_V5
[4212] Filename: *.lic
[4212] License path: c:\flex;C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kepware\common\License\;*.lic;
[4212] FLEXnet Licensing error:-1,35
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

As a test, does it make a difference if you omit the trailing backslash in that part of the path?

...ware\common\License\
0 Kudos
yamahapacifi
Level 5

Yes, that was the problem, thanks again.
0 Kudos