What is the expected value for the string 

FNPTimeZoneValue ?

does EST, EDT, ET qualify?

Thanks
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@ptancre , in FNP the time zone licensing are accommodated in accordance with the GMT i.e. in literal differences from the GMT. For example:

To specify single time zones:
FEATURE f1_single demo 1.0 permanent 4 TZ=‐08 SIGN=0

To specify multiple time zones, use a space as a delimiter and enclose the values in quotes.FEATURE f2_multiple demo 1.0 permanent 4 TZ="+05 +01" SIGN=0

The feature f1_single can be used only on clients that reside in the time zone GMT–08:00, while the feature f2_multiple can be used on clients that reside in time zone GMT+05:00 or on clients that reside in time zone GMT+01:00.

=========================

The keyword allows time zones ranges, including ranges that span across GMT.
FEATURE f1_range demo 1.0 permanent 4 TZ="‐05:‐08" SIGN=0
FEATURE f2_range demo 1.0 permanent 4 TZ="–05:–00 +00:+01" SIGN=0

The feature f1_range can be used on clients that reside in time zones that fall in the range GMT–05:00 through
GMT–08:00, inclusive. The feature f2_range can be used on clients that reside in time zones that fall in the range from GMT–05:00 through GMT+01:00, inclusive.

Hope this helps.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@ptancre , in FNP the time zone licensing are accommodated in accordance with the GMT i.e. in literal differences from the GMT. For example:

To specify single time zones:
FEATURE f1_single demo 1.0 permanent 4 TZ=‐08 SIGN=0

To specify multiple time zones, use a space as a delimiter and enclose the values in quotes.FEATURE f2_multiple demo 1.0 permanent 4 TZ="+05 +01" SIGN=0

The feature f1_single can be used only on clients that reside in the time zone GMT–08:00, while the feature f2_multiple can be used on clients that reside in time zone GMT+05:00 or on clients that reside in time zone GMT+01:00.

=========================

The keyword allows time zones ranges, including ranges that span across GMT.
FEATURE f1_range demo 1.0 permanent 4 TZ="‐05:‐08" SIGN=0
FEATURE f2_range demo 1.0 permanent 4 TZ="–05:–00 +00:+01" SIGN=0

The feature f1_range can be used on clients that reside in time zones that fall in the range GMT–05:00 through
GMT–08:00, inclusive. The feature f2_range can be used on clients that reside in time zones that fall in the range from GMT–05:00 through GMT+01:00, inclusive.

Hope this helps.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)

The answer was worth the wait!

thank you for your very elaborated answer!

0 Kudos