[Incident]: Some users report they are unable to access the case portal. Please see this community notice for more information.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peacock
Level 3

Where can I download the "Programming Reference for License File–Based Licensing" document

Jump to solution

I'm using the FlexNet Publisher(11.12.1.2 version). And, I build a vendor daemon by referring to the link below, but my license features are still recognized in the virtual machine (VM).

Link: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/Managing-Virtualization-platform-restriction-for-server-and/ta-p/172127 

I'd like to protect the license from the VM, but I can't find the "Programming Reference for License File–Based Licensing" reference document. Can I download the "Programming Reference for License File–Based Licensing" document?

And, when I set the "ls_allow_vm" variable to "PHYSICAL" and run the built vendor daemon in the VM, the message is displayed as shown in the figure below. Does this message mean that "ls_allow_vm" was applied properly?

FlexNet_message_in_VM_1.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jyadav
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @peacock  ,

Please note that the FlexNet Publisher(11.12.1.2 version) is already End of Life . You can download the  "Programming Reference for License File–Based Licensing" from Product & License Centre .

Login to PLC -> FlexNet Licensing ->FlexNet  Publisher -> FlexNet Publisher Documentation-> FNP_Version_Doclib ( you will get the document inside it ) .

There is no message displayed to confirm that you have set ls_allow_vm or not . You can just see the value in prior that you have set before running the license manager . This message is not just inform that you can use this kit only on a physical environment and not in virtual as you do not have support for it .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jyadav
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @peacock  ,

Please note that the FlexNet Publisher(11.12.1.2 version) is already End of Life . You can download the  "Programming Reference for License File–Based Licensing" from Product & License Centre .

Login to PLC -> FlexNet Licensing ->FlexNet  Publisher -> FlexNet Publisher Documentation-> FNP_Version_Doclib ( you will get the document inside it ) .

There is no message displayed to confirm that you have set ls_allow_vm or not . You can just see the value in prior that you have set before running the license manager . This message is not just inform that you can use this kit only on a physical environment and not in virtual as you do not have support for it .

0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick response.

I will try again by referring to the document.

0 Kudos