cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avdhesh
Level 5

Unable to build a vendor daemon for Windows (Server licensing)..

Jump to solution

Hi,

we are unable to build a vendor daemon for Windows .

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Hi @avdhesh

You're best creating a support case so we can check what vendor keys you're using. This error normally indicates you're using the wrong vendor keys. 

Kind regards,
Joe

View solution in original post

(10) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

Hello @avdhesh ,

Could you share the error/issue that you are facing while building the VD?

Also, the toolkit version and platform information would be useful.

-Abhay

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

I am trying to Build the VD by using the nmake command that are documented  in the given PDF Shared by flexra. When i ran that command from platform directory  then nmake command is not found.

i am using " v11.16.3.0 " toolkit version and using "windows" platform.

Actually i integrating the flexera Licence with our tool that are java based and i want to use server based license .

My License Format is:

SERVER DESKTOP-HIM 17007ea8 40000
VENDOR AgniLic
USE_SERVER DESKTOP-HIM
#a counted license
FEATURE f3 AgniLic 1.0 permanent 4 SIGN="0011 2139 2AFA AA8D 8745 \
F4F9 374D F700 D52E 185A A6DF 19EB 8A80 A95F 6790"

0 Kudos

You will need to use the visual studio command line to build the VD. With normal command line it will not build, as 'nmake' is an integral tool provided by Visual Studio.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Currently i am not having  visual studio . there is another way to build the vendor daemon.

0 Kudos

I am afraid not. The windows build will require the visual studio to be available on build systems.

0 Kudos

its okay.

i already have a Documentation,  but Can you please specify the step to run the license server  and integrate with java.  

0 Kudos

Hi, 

i install the visual studio and able to run the 'nmake ' command.when i run this command

"nmake -f makefile.act"  i got some error .

please find the Attachment.

0 Kudos

Probably environment variables are not yet set for your setup. Refer here to set the same : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/language-reference/compiler-options/how-to-set-environment-variables-for-the-visual-studio-command-line

Kindly use the 32 bit (VS 2017 x86)/64 bit (VS 2017 x64) command prompt to build the toolkit.

Also, in the product documentation there is an explicit pdf for Java integration which details the steps (FNP_Licensing For Java Programming Reference Guide), Chapter-2, 3 and 4 details the steps needed for the process.

If you have any further concerns, then probably a support case will be the best foot forward to have a dedicated support engineer help with your further queries.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I set the Environment variable and run the below command "nmake -f makefile.act" and i got some  error.

Please find the Attachment of  Error snapshot.

Please find the link of my working directory:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9g8gpvtifhjazd/Flexra.rar?dl=0

0 Kudos

Hi @avdhesh

You're best creating a support case so we can check what vendor keys you're using. This error normally indicates you're using the wrong vendor keys. 

Kind regards,
Joe