cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shans1
Level 3

TLS support

Hi Team,

I am currently using Flexlm 11.3 of software and 11.9.1 of embedded version.

I wanted to check when was the TLS support introduced for Flexlm and if any of these versions support TLS?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
(6) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@shans1 , I am not sure if FNP has any version as v11.3 and by embedded version, did you mean FNE? I am also afraid that i haven't heard about FNE v11.9.1

However, as far FNP toolkit is concerned TLS is related with lmadmin i.e. the UI variant of the license server.

For reference, in FNP 11.12.1, the OpenSSL version used was 1.0.1e. For FNP 11.13.1, the OpenSSL version used was 1.0.1h. In FNP 11.13.1, it got upgraded to 1.0.1j. And, for FNP 11.14, the OpenSSL version remained at 1.0.1j.

From 11.14.0 onwards we are supporting all versions of TLS protocol and disabling SSLv2 and SSLv3 by default.

How to override default behavior of enable and /or SSLv2/v3.

Add the below line in webServer tag of server.xml.
Ex:1
sslProtocol="+SSLv3 +SSLv2 " -> It will enable SSLv3 and SSLv2 protocols only
Ex:2
sslProtocol="+SSLv3 +SSLv2 -TLSv1" -> It will enable SSLv3 and SSLv2 protocols and disable TLSv1

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Thank you for getting back on this.

I mean to refer to FLEXnetlm-v11_3 - Flexnet License Manager v11.3.

I am just trying to understand the version number from which Flexnet License manager started supporting TLS protocol. 

0 Kudos

I am afraid that FlexLM License Manager is a different product all together and i am not aware of the details on that.

However, i did a search on it and i can see that there are different variants of the application provided to publishers (For ex: Cloud based, SAP, engineering applications and standalone). 

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

I would really appreciate if you can direct me to the right place to get answer to my question. I tried looking up but could not find it.
Thank you!
0 Kudos

Also, as per my understanding, Flexlm and Flexnet Publisher are the same product. Please correct me f I am wrong.

Flexlm.PNG

I am just a beginner and it is getting confusing for me little bit.

I see what you meant. FlexLM keyword was used in way past for FNP , on the other hand "Flexnet License manager" is a completely different product.

As far as FNP-11.3 is concerned, it has been EOL for over 8 years.

URL: https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/eol/flexnet-publisher.htm

I don't have access to its documentation. But to answer your question, the TLS support is only available for/through lmadmin, so if you don't have lmadmin in v11.3, then TLS is not there.

0 Kudos