cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itaustria
Level 2

Service User for LMTools by Flexera

Hello,

we have an issue with LMTools by Flexera. lmgrd.exe is stopped suddenly and occasionally and I have to start it manually. Its version: v11.16.5.1 

Simply I click on the "Start server" it will run again until the next stop, which can be 1 day / 1 week or 1 month.

There is no any entry in the Windows Eventviewer or in the log file.

The server is Windows 2019., Hyper-V.

Should I create a service user for this software?

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
jyadav
Flexera Alumni

Hi @itaustria  ,

Is the system going  into hibernate or sleep mode when this issue occurs ?

0 Kudos

Hello jyadav,
no, it is a Hyper-V Server, which runs 7/24. There are some processes of lmgrd.exe from SYSTEM, but it seems, I have to start it also with my own user, via the lmtools (Start/Stop/Reread tab), then it will work. Former it was not a problem, I could logoff, and it run furthermore, nowadays as I log off, the software will be ended immediately. Therefore I assume, that a service user would be needed? 

0 Kudos

Hi @itaustria  ,

You must run the lmtools utility as an administrator. If you do not run this executable as an administrator, the User Account Control (UAC) dialog will display as soon as it is started (as long as the UAC prompt is not disabled on the system).

Even if you want to configure a license server manager (lmgrd) as a service, you must have Administrator privileges. The service will run under the LocalService account. This type of account (LocalService account) is required to run this utility as a service.

As this is an License administration tools, admin rights are a must. 

0 Kudos
lathropr
Level 2

Hi Team

We currently use LMTools by Flexer V11.14.0.1 

This is on a 2012 windows server and will be upgrading soon.  What is the replacement product and version? Any sales people want to jump in please do 😛

lmstools.png

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @lathropr we have 11.19.2 is the latest FNP Product, check your account Entitlements to upgrade or raise a support case so that we can point the right account manager or sales team to reach you. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos