cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lawrenceCT
Level 2

Report Log Decryption

Hi, 

I'm using FlexNet Licensing v11.16.2.0 to manage a few different Autodesk product licences. I've configured it so that it writes Report Logs  (.rl)  to disk, but I am unable to read them due to their encryption/compression.  How can I decrypt/view these logs (or not have them encrypt at all)? 

Thanks!

-Lawrence

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jyadav
Flexera Alumni

Hi Lawrence,

Report logs are encrypted and cannot be read by a person, but are used by FlexNet Manager to produce reports.

Usage data in report log files is encrypted and, as such, provides a relatively secure method of tracking end-user usage.

0 Kudos
abhayparashar
Level 5

@lawrenceCT , have you considered using the "Server message-based diagnostic" functionality added recently in FNP toolkit? It's not exactly like the 'report log', but quite parallel.

Here is a KB to refer: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/License-Server-message-based-diagnostics-101/ta-p/180268/jump-to/first-unread-message

Thanks for the info @abhayparashar

I'm not actually a vendor/publisher (simply a license consumer), so I'm not sure if this is something I can take advantage of? 

0 Kudos