cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmemeteau
Level 3

Password change error

Jump to solution

I am trying to run the flexnet publisher v11.19.2.0 version. The installation went well, I've started the lmadmin64 service and the Flexnet licence administrator page opens as it should.
When I click on the administration menu, I am asked to sign in with the "admin" user name. The default password ("admin") seems to be correct, as I am asked to change the password for a new one.
But when I try to validate the password change, I get the following error "Your old password is incorrect.", and cannot go further.
I've tried to change the password from the server.xml file (where i can see that the password is "admin", as expected), but once it is modified, the lmadmin64 service refuses to start again (timeout error).
I was previously using the v11.17.2.0 flexnet publisher version with success.
Any idea of what is going wrong ?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

@lmemeteau Thanks for the support case 02724810.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
jyadav
Flexera Alumni

Hi @lmemeteau ,

Hope you have followed the below steps for resetting the password

The following steps should reset the password:

1. Stop the LMAdmin instance (from services.msc or task manager, the default service name is: FlexNet License Server Manager)
2. Change the following section in "server.xml" that you will find in "conf" folder of LMAdmin installed directory (The default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet\Licensing Server\conf).

Change the two attributes marked in bold:
<accessControl sessionTimeout="1800">
<user firstName="System" id="admin" lastName="Administrator" password="(ENC-01)OQqWH+/Edhi8WNqqtsgoOK6NW5C6fS0bjhROPwDEnIxYNzLH" passwordExpired="false" privileges="admin" type="local-admin"/>
<user firstName="Alerter" id="alerter" lastName="Service" password="(ENC-01)eZi+Ce9/mvN2n8gOAL9kMbC7QtDYFHLAkAoZybwqhm2c74CE" passwordExpired="false" privileges="admin.alerter" type="local-alerter"/>
</accessControl>

TO:
<user firstName="System" id="admin" lastName="Administrator" password="newAdminPass" passwordExpired="true" privileges="admin" type="local-admin"/>

The new password will be: newAdminPass
3. Restart LMAdmin.
4. Start your browser (The default is http://localhost:8090).

Login in the Administration Tab, after logging in you will be prompted to change your password. Once you have set a new password it will be encrypted in the Server.XML file.

Additional Information

In cases where the username is something other than admin, you will need to use the username in the Admin's ID field.

0 Kudos

These 2 attributes (before any manual modification) are not encrypted on my installation :

<accessControl sessionTimeout="1800">
<user firstName="System" id="admin" lastName="Administrator" password="admin" passwordExpired="true" privileges="admin" type="local-admin"/>
<user firstName="Alerter" id="alerter" lastName="Service" password="alerter" passwordExpired="false" privileges="admin.alerter" type="local-alerter"/>
</accessControl>

But anyway, if I change the fields you have indicated in bold (after having stopped lmadmin64), the lmadmin64 service won't start again once the modification has been done. I get a timeout error message from windows.

To get the lmadmin64 service to work again I have to use an unchanged copy of the server.xml file.

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @lmemeteau the v11.17.2.0 FlexNet publisher uninstalled completely? or still there? are you seeing services for this version of FlexNet publisher?.

Can you raise a support case to investigate further?.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

I 've uninstalled the v11.17.2.0 version before installing the 11.19.2.0 version.

The service has been uninstalled to.

Ok I will open a support case.

Best regards

mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

@lmemeteau Thanks for the support case 02724810.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos