cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keith_thomas
Level 2

Looking for better definition of DUP_DISPLAY (D) is for DUP_GROUP

I'm trying to find out the behavior of DUP_GROUP=D is for a feature that is on a server.

My use case is this:

1) License qty of 1 on the server (with DUP_GROUP=D)

2) License checked out on server

3) 2nd license checked out on different PC

The documentation on what exactly DUP_DISPLAY means is unclear. The DUP_HOST and DUP_USER are pretty clear - well I'm assuming that USER is if the same username is checking out, and HOST is if the same host is checking out - but what is a "DISPLAY". 

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @keith_thomas  If a USER in the HOST starting two workspaces (Java Display or UI) from the same machine/user pointing to a license server that contains reusable licenses then it will consume two licenses.  

If DUP_GROUP=D is set then it will reuse the same license. 

Best Regards,

Mani.

0 Kudos
abhayparashar
Level 5

DISPLAY keyword means the console/command prompt/Putty session display ID, through which licensing activities are being initiated.

On Windows, irrespective of how many command windows we open, the DISPLAY for all those command windows will remain the same (matching with hostname). (lmutil lmhostid -display)

However, in the case of Non-Windows with each new terminal display change i.e../tty1, //tty2...

0 Kudos

Thanks @abhayparashar  adding more details. 

@keith_thomas  Let me know this helps. 

0 Kudos

Thanks for explanation. I understand if the same Windows PC is used the regardless the display is the same for all sessions. My case is where it's a served license on a Windows PC, and the license is used on the Windows server PC by a session on it, and then a 2nd Windows PC will check out a license from the Windows server. In that case is the DISPLAY on the Windows server the PC the same for both these sessions - direct on the server and from 2nd PC. It appears that they are.

0 Kudos

I would expect that to happen if both the systems have same HOSTNAME or if there is a DISPLAY override in place. 

0 Kudos