cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinoth_kumar
Level 3

Logic behind considering secondary server as Primary server

In 3 license redundancy server setup, I have connected with my application and a license is checked out.

With this situation, what will happen if my Primary server is down? what will happen to my checked out license from my Primary server

Explain me the logic if I have the keyword "PRIMARY_IS_MASTER" in my license file and also in the case I don't have this keyword

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
sumittomar
Flexera Alumni

Hi @vinoth_kumar ,

With this situation, what will happen if my Primary server is down? what will happen to my checked out license from my Primary server:

•                  Checkout license will be in checkout state Only.

Note:
    IN message will appear in the server log of Server1

OUT message will appear in the server log of Server2 of the earlier client checkout

Explain me the logic if I have the keyword "PRIMARY_IS_MASTER" in my license file and also in the case I don't have this keyword:

•                  If this keyword is used and the primary server goes down, the secondary
                     server becomes the master and transfers control back to the primary server
                     when the primary server comes back up.
  •                 If not used and the primary server goes down, the secondary server becomes
                      the master and remains the master even when the primary server comes
                       back up.

If both primary and secondary servers go down, licenses are no longer served. In
no instance does the tertiary server become the master.
This parameter is optional and is placed on the first SERVER line in the license file.
You must be running a version 10.8 or later vendor daemon to use this parameter.