License file migration to New server
We are planning to migrate the License Server Manager from Old OS to new VM.
On new server I have installed the "lmadmin" (web UI) now I need to move the *.lic files to new vm.
1) How do register my new License Server Manager VM ? I am able to see the old vm in the below link So how do I activate my new vm ?
2) Can we directly copy the *.lic files to the new VM and change the hostname and server port ?
3) Do we need to request new .lic files again ?
4) How do we restrict using the License server manager to few vm's ?
Hi @devd408 ,
The steps would be as follows:
1. Take your existing license file , make the changes in the server line .
2. Crypt the license file using lmcrypt .
3. Copy the license file into the new VM .
4. The license server will run only on the hostname which is specified in the license file server line.
When you say "license file" is it Flexnet publisher license file or the InstallAnywhere <versions> license file ?
Can you direct me to right documentation link where I can migrate FlexNet Publisher from One server to other along with InstallAnywhere/InstallShield licenses .
Its a linux server
By license file I am referring to the FlexNet Publisher license file .
You would have to install the lmadmin again on the new VM freshly by copying the files from one VM to another . Make the changes in the license file as suggested in the above comment . Please refer to "License Server Manager “lmadmin”" from license admin FNP documentation for the installation procedure .