cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kchilds
Level 2

As a user of a Xilinx license, we are only provided with LMGRD and LMUTIL from the vendor (Xilinx).  Running LMGRD as an app does not allow us to log out from the server without the license server closing.  To run as a service, I understand that LMTools is required.  Xilinx says we must contact Flexera for this app.  How can we acquire LMTools when we do not have an account with Flexera or use any of their products?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
raffie
Level 6

Xilinx should be able to give you lmtools.  They have access to it.  It is unlikely that Flexera will give it to you.

But you don't actually need it.  You just need to figure out how to create a windows service on your own.  The sc command on windows can help with this.  You can also write some code to do this, and I'm sure there are other utilities that you can find that could do this.

But pressuring Xilinx for lmtools, or asking one of your other vendors that use Flex is probably the best bet.  Lmtools is a generic utility so it isn't vendor specific.  So it doesn't matter who gives it to you.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
raffie
Level 6

Xilinx should be able to give you lmtools.  They have access to it.  It is unlikely that Flexera will give it to you.

But you don't actually need it.  You just need to figure out how to create a windows service on your own.  The sc command on windows can help with this.  You can also write some code to do this, and I'm sure there are other utilities that you can find that could do this.

But pressuring Xilinx for lmtools, or asking one of your other vendors that use Flex is probably the best bet.  Lmtools is a generic utility so it isn't vendor specific.  So it doesn't matter who gives it to you.