cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arpitgautam123
Level 3

Is support account needed for downloading security fixes

Jump to solution

I am using flex publisher in one of the products I am working on. Do I need a support account with Flexera to download security fixes or a community account is sufficient for that? I am currently using Flexera Publisher v11.17.0

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

You would need to have a valid (if expired, then renewed one) Support entitlement to download the latest hotfix/kits from Flexera's Product and Licensing Center.

Support Account will exist for always, but Support entitlement (contract) expires periodically and would need to be renewed.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)

View solution in original post

(7) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@arpitgautam123 , you wouldn't need to have a support account with Flexera in such a case.

However, the security fixes and other vulnerability patches would need to be picked up by Flexera's customer (the company whose product you are using) and only they can ship the new version of utils (product specific) to you that would work.

For any queries, you can always log in to the community page, and up to a certain degree, the community members would assist with that. However, in case of bugs or enhancements, you would need to raise it with your 3rd party software providers, who can log it with us.

Hope that helps.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Will the Flexera's customer need a support account with Flexera to pick up the security fixes in that case?

0 Kudos

The only case where you should need a support account (and a valid Support Entitlement that needs to be purchased), if your native product is being developed using Flexnet Publisher.

You can buy a valid support entitlement, but if the requests are for a 3rd party application then it needs to be done by 3rd party itself.

0 Kudos

I am trying to ask is that if I have purchased Flexera publisher in the past, i.e. If I am your customer. Do I need a support account to download security fixes to the going forward? 

0 Kudos

You would need to have a valid (if expired, then renewed one) Support entitlement to download the latest hotfix/kits from Flexera's Product and Licensing Center.

Support Account will exist for always, but Support entitlement (contract) expires periodically and would need to be renewed.

What would be the right forum to reach in order to get a discussion on subscription purchases?

0 Kudos

@jbforster , you can contact the Revenera sales. You can either fill in your contact info here:

https://www.revenera.com/about-us/contact-us.html

or call 1.800.374.4353.