cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinL33
Level 3

“Invalid (inconsistent) license key”

Jump to solution
I've recently run into a very strange problem, hoping for an easy solution....

I have a statically linked MFC application using FlexNet publisher. I have no problem making licenses and have never run into any issues. Once the parameters are correct, hostid, expiry date,etc, I can lmcrypt the file and it works as expected. However, recently I've encountered a machine that will not accept a properly configured license file. The application consistently receives the error "Invalid (inconsistent) license key”.

I'm looking for ideas on why I'd receive this error on what should otherwise be a valid license file.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
KevinL33
Level 3
KevinL33 wrote:

I have a statically linked MFC application using FlexNet publisher. I have no problem making licenses and have never run into any issues. Once the parameters are correct, hostid, expiry date,etc, I can lmcrypt the file and it works as expected. However, recently I've encountered a machine that will not accept a properly configured license file. The application consistently receives the error "Invalid (inconsistent) license key”.

I'm looking for ideas on why I'd receive this error on what should otherwise be a valid license file.

Thanks.

Problem solved! The issue was with a version mismatch between the compiled code in the application and the version of lmcrypt we were using. The application was an older version.

Thanks all to those that were thinking about this, I'll leave the thread for future reference.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
KevinL33
Level 3
KevinL33 wrote:

Thanks.

Problem solved! The issue was with a version mismatch between the compiled code in the application and the version of lmcrypt we were using. The application was an older version.

Thanks all to those that were thinking about this, I'll leave the thread for future reference.

FYI - a recently discovered cause and solution for  “Invalid (inconsistent) license key”  (error -8)

When using "demo" vendor keys, which in the year 2020 are automatically TRL enabled,  do not use the encryption strength LM_STRENGTH_DEFAULT.

The solution is changing the encryption strength to 113BIT, 163BIT or 239BIT.