cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peacock
Level 3

How can I know if my vendor keys support virtualization?

I want the created license to not work in the VM environment. However, I searched the method from the FlexNet documents related to the virtualization and followed the example, but could not restrict the license in the VM environment.

So, Is there a way I can know if my vendor keys support virtualization?

Thanks

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Yvernekar
Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Hi @peacock , For the license to not work on VM you can use the license file option VM_PLATFORMS which will help you restrict the access.

VM_PLATFORMS=[PHYSICAL | VM_ONLY | VM_ALL]
Restricts feature usage to virtual machines (VM_ONLY) or to physical machines
(PHYSICAL).
VM_ALL allows running the FlexEnabled application on both physical and virtual
machines (default behavior). This is equivalent to not specifying the VM_PLATFORMS
keyword.

I hope the above information helps.

Sorry for the late reply.

I've already tried your solution. However, the license using the VM_PLATFORMS keyword is still not restricted in the VM environment. Maybe I made the wrong license or vendor daemon. So, I want to know if the vendor key supports virtualization.

Thank you

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @peacock Above response will help, however, if you want to know the vendor key support virtualization then please raise a support case or share your Vendor name. We will check and update you. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply.

I will share our Vendor name. The name is "baumsoft". Please check if the Vendor key supports the virtualization.

Thank you

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

@peacock The Vendor Name: baumsoft support Product: FlexNet Publisher
Supported Platforms: Supported Platforms:
PLAT_virtual
FNP_amd64_re3
FNP_win_x64
FNP_x64_sun,

am seeing VM support is enabled.  Can you let me know if you want to give the license to only PHYSICAL or Only VM or both platforms?

Due to security, can you please create a support case for further discussion of this request?

Best Regards,

0 Kudos