Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsivakumar
Level 3

FlexNet Licensing log (lmgrd)

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am currently using FlexNet Licensing (v11.13.1.2 build 173085 i86_lsb)  . We  use the lmgrd -l command to start the license server and also provide the logfile input

7:10:23 (lmgrd) (@lmgrd-SLOG@) Command-line options used at LS startup: -l /genesys/logs/FlexLM/11.13.1.2/FlexLMLog_2021-02-18_07:10.log -c /genesys/gcti/FlexLM/11.13.1.2/sslm-63531265-2021020514574600-63735585.dat

My question

• is there a way the logfile rotation can be managed ? Right now the flexlm creates a log file at the time of startu (one with date and time), we want to set a filesize limit for logs and also purging of old logs 

Please advise on how this can be handled

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

@bsivakumar , this particular enhancement has been provided in FNP-11.17.2. This KB should help understand the details about this implementation:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/Debug-log-Automatic-rollover-starting-FNP-11-17-2-explained-101/ta-p/180474

You would need to upgrade the lmgrd and vendor daemon to avail this feature.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
wmarek1
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @bsivakumar 

There is a command line utility  (lmswitchr) to switch or rotate the report log.

There is a command line utility  (lmswitch) to switch or rotate the debuglog.

You can create your own script/batch file to manage the logs using those license server commands.

You should request a copy of the FlexNet Publisher License Server Admin Guide from your software provider. Looks like Genesys in this case.

Or you can just google it, I see that several other software producers host some version of it freely downloadable.

Also, you can adjust the debug log output level to minimize the rate of growth in the size of the file using NOLOG {IN | OUT | DENIED | QUEUED | UNSUPPORTED}.

Walt

FlexNet Operations, FlexNet Embedded, FlexNet Publisher, FlexNet Connect, FlexLM
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot , in the version I am using 11.13.1.2 I dont see this utility. However, I do see the utility in version  11.16.5.

Would it be possible to just copy this utility from 11.16.5 and use it along with 11.13.1.2?

0 Kudos

@bsivakumar , this particular enhancement has been provided in FNP-11.17.2. This KB should help understand the details about this implementation:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/Debug-log-Automatic-rollover-starting-FNP-11-17-2-explained-101/ta-p/180474

You would need to upgrade the lmgrd and vendor daemon to avail this feature.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)