cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyScov
Level 2

FlexNet Licensing error:-15,10.  System Error: 10061 "WinSock: Connection refused"

I need to update the vendor daemon from 11.16 to 11.18 to use the new license features.  I’m running on server 2016.  It looks like lmgrd will start, but it says it can’t connect to the vendor daemon.  I stop the service on all three machines, replace the vendor daemon and lmgrd daemon on all three machines, then start the service, but get the error below.  Looking for guidance on how to debug, as license and process seem right.  (I then do the same steps to go back to 11.16 and that works fine)

Flexible License Manager status on Fri 8/12/2022 12:54

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 1800@XXXX,1800@XXXX,1800@XXXX
    License file(s) on XXXX: E:\licenses\Alt\License.dat:

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system.
The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Server name:   XX.XX.XXX.XX
License path:  1800@XXXXXXX,1800@XXXXX,1800@XXXXXX;
FlexNet Licensing error:-15,10.  System Error: 10061 "WinSock: Connection refused"

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jyadav
Flexera Alumni

Hi @RyScov  ,

This could be happening due to the fact that Flexera Software have always stated that the server needs to be at the same or later version than the client (as stated in the License Administration Guide) .The version of License server manager must be equal to or greater than that of vendor daemon . Make sure this is in place .

0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply, but talking to the user, "  Flexera states the license server service needs to be equal to or higher then the client.  I don't believe this is the true problem.  When trying to start the license server service on the license servers, it won't start....that has nothing to do with access to the client.  The license servers won't start the service."

0 Kudos
jyadav
Flexera Alumni

Hi @RyScov  ,

The error states that their is a version incompatibility as stated above , this versioning order has to be followed . Can you tell me the version of FNLS , License server and client ?

0 Kudos