FlexLM backward compatibility
I have 3 questions.
1. My license generator was built with FlexLM 10.1 and client with 11.14.1. I upgraded my client application to FlexLM 18.104.22.168 and it stopped working. It thew LM_BADCODE error which maps to "Bad encryption code". Then I upgraded my license generator application from 22.214.171.124 and everything stated working. So, Is it necessary to upgrade the license generator to use this version of FlexLM?
2. If I upgrade my license generator, will the file generated with upgraded FlexLM be compatible with old client application of FlexLM? Is there any flag to make it backward compatible? It is a tedious process to re-share the license files to customers.
3. I noticed a significant improvement in time taken to checkout the license when I upgraded both license generator(from 10.1 to 126.96.36.199) and client (from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206). Have you made and performance improvement while transitioning to this version?
Re: FlexLM backward compatibility
Hi, the rules about FLEXnet Publisher component version compatibility are:
• Version of lmutil/lmtools must be >=
• Version of lmadmin or lmgrd, which must be >=
• Version of vendor daemon, which must be >=
• Version of the client library linked to the FlexEnabled application, which must be >=
• Activation utility, which must be >=
• Version of license file format.