Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PThepault
Level 3

Files to distribute with FlexLM 11.18

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have created the toolkit FlexLM 11.18 in 32 and 64 bit, it's ok. But I am not able to start the service. There is no cetim.log file created. The licence file is correct. If I replace the four exe (cetim, lmgrd, lmutil, mltools) in version 11.18 by those in version 11.14, the server starts correctly. What is missing ?

In the status, I have this text :

--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Wed 5/5/2021 09:40

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: @P9611
License file(s) on P9611: C:\Program Files (x86)\CETIM\FlexLM Cetim\cetim_concept_server.lic:

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system.
The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Server name: P9611
License path: @P9611;
FlexNet Licensing error:-15,570

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

This has nothing to do with how the file was encrypted with lmcrypt.  It is the file encoding used to create the text file (usually by your text editor).  Revenera support can probably show you how to check the file encoding, or just google "how to check file encoding on linux"

View solution in original post

(14) Replies
jyadav
Flexera Alumni
You could try Setting the LM_LICENSE_FILE or VENDOR_LICENSE_FILE (where VENDOR is the vendor daemon name) environment
variable on the machines where the FlexEnabled applications are running to access license files or license servers and then try to bring up the server.
0 Kudos

it is defined in the register and in the environment varaiable, but it doesn't start.

0 Kudos
raffie
Level 6

Are you setting the license file location in lmtools to @P9611?  When starting the server you need the actual path to the file.  Only the client applications use the environment variables to find the file, and only the clients can use port@host to find the server.

0 Kudos

Yes, I think. I want to start the service on P9611, and use exe protected by flexlm on this computer.

0 Kudos

On the "Config Services" tab in lmtools you need to put the full path to the license file when setting up the service.  That is used just for running lmgrd and the vendor daemon.   To run your application on the same machine you would use the <VENDOR>_LICENSE_FILE environment variable.

0 Kudos

Yes, this is done. As I wrote, if I replace the four exe with them created in version 11.14, the serve starts correctly (see the jpg files).

0 Kudos

I think your best bet is to run lmgrd manually and see if it gives you a reasonable error message.

One thing to note, which probably isn't the issue since 11.14 works, is that normally the process doesn't have permissions to write into the Program Files directory.

0 Kudos

It is not a permission to write under the Program Files directory because I have tried on an other disc, and there is always the problem.

How can I run lmgrd manually ?

0 Kudos
make sure the service is stopped.
Run lmgrd.exe -c <license file> -l <log file>

lmgrd -h gives you the options
0 Kudos

I have used the command. For version 11.14, the service starts normally. For version 11.18, it doesn't start. Show the copy of the screen. I have crypted the license file again with lmcrypt.exe created with the toolkit in version 11.18, and run the command again, but the error is always the same.

0 Kudos

Now that you have a specific error message you should open a support case to figure out what is causing it.

In the mean time you should check if the file encoding as the error suggests.  This error message is new as of 11.17.   Incorrect encodings would cause failures later with little explanation as to the real problem, now they catch early and give a specific error message.

0 Kudos

I crypted the lic file with lmcrypt 11.18 and there was no error.

0 Kudos

This has nothing to do with how the file was encrypted with lmcrypt.  It is the file encoding used to create the text file (usually by your text editor).  Revenera support can probably show you how to check the file encoding, or just google "how to check file encoding on linux"

My license file was encoding in ANSI. Il I save it using UTF-8, the server starts ! But all my licences files are encoding in ANSI, and I should always want to use them. Note that an other file is created in the directory, called .logger, and it's empty !

0 Kudos