cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlague
Level 3

Fail to setup a license server using lmgrd on Linux with LM_STRENGTH set to LM_STRENGTH_DEFAULT

Hi,

We face a critical issues for our customers once we upgrade from FlexNetPublisher 11.14.1.0 to 11.16.2 on Linux machines.

It's impossible to setup a certificate model license server on Linux machines using lmgrd since the server complains that the license key is invalid with the message "Invalid license key (inconsistent authentication code)". The same server configuration works on Windows machines.

See the log file of the server using the -l option of lmgrd

License: SSF-0000533526
Open case: 01915799

0 Kudos
(11) Replies
jmcmillan
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @jlague

I see your case is with my colleague Abhay who's out of the office until October. I've taken ownership of this, and I'll reach out to you through the support case. 

Kind regards,
Joe

0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Any news for this issue ?

Kind Regards,
Jérôme
0 Kudos

Hello Jean,

I believe we are waiting to hear back from your testing results after removing occurrences of "_trl" from the makefile and test the setup again - suggested on September 18th via case #01915799 , but we haven't heard anything back on this yet.

Could you confirm if you are facing any issues while doing that?

Also you mentioned about an issue on Linux in v11.16, could you help with the Issue reference number if you have any? The provided case # is for the support case on which we are already discussing this behavior.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

I'm not Jean but Jérôme  😉

What do you mean by "removing" occurences of _trl ?

Do you mean removing from client libs lmgrd_trl ?

In our lm_code we have the following defines:

#define TRL_KEY1 0x0
#define TRL_KEY2 0x0

So from my point of view we do not use TRL.

Regards.

Jérôme.

0 Kudos

Hi @jlague

My colleague is referring to the 'makefile' within the toolkit, e.g.

- Open the makefile in a text editor
- Search for instances of 'lmgr_trl' and change them to 'lmgr'

Hope this helps. 

Kind regards,
Joe

0 Kudos

Hi,

I replace all occurences of lmgrd_trl lib in makefile and makefile.act under  x64_lsb, I regenerate the flexnet package and I still have the same issue when trying to launch the server using lmgrd.

Regards.

Jérôme

0 Kudos

Of course I can provide in a private channel an archive with our vendor daemon reproducing the issue.

Let me know what can I provide helping you to solve this issue.

Regards.

Jérôme.

0 Kudos

Hi @jlague 

I would request you to share the makefile, the sample lm_code.h (kindly remove the VENDOR_KEYS from there) in the support case where my colleague @jmcmillan is assisting you, so that we can test in our setup and help you with the observation.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

My community account does not give me access to any support case so I share the files here.

Jérôme.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you succeed in reproducing the issue using the files uploaded ?
0 Kudos

Hi @jlague 

I have sent you a message in the support case. Is it possible with can have a meeting to go through this?