cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tod_r_oace
Level 2

Could lmgrd be enhanced to log lmstat requests?

It would be very helpful if lmgrd (or all the vendor daemons?) would log lmstat request activity. We have tried to reduce our lmstat volume but suspect we still have significant amount left. But because there is no log detail we have no idea how much is left or where it's coming from. It seems like it would be just a few lines of additional code and a lot of benefit.

Log event detail should include:

• That an lmstat requested was received.
  • The time it was received.
  • What hostname and/or IP address sent the request.

Thanks for considering this enhancement.

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

Dear @tod_r_oace , i must advise you to login the enhancement request as a new Support ticket, as this community forum is more suitable for a quick assistance with end users/publishers query.

I m afraid that any enhancement request has to be properly initialized through th support channels and later brought under engineering's advisement for consideration.

It will also help engineering to determine the priority/severity of the request, if you can share the specific business need that this enhancement will solve.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

I was told by someone else there to come here and state my request as I don't have access to create an FNP request.

Now what?

0 Kudos

Then if your organisation still has an active Support contract with the Flexera Support, then you can have a new case/enhancement opened for your account. Kindly share the Account name and a registered Name under our records.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos