cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venu_gopal
Level 4

Checkout failure on VPN

Hello!

When i try to checkout a license (using server or file based) when using VPN, the checkouts are not happening. If I don't connect to VPN then there is no issue either with standalone or server based checkouts.  did any one face similar issue with any resolution?

--Thanks

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

It would be worth confirming the exact error message observed. Also, ensure that when connected to VPN - a command-line ping operation, when run against server details (IP/hostname) works fine.

Here is a KB that might help: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/Best-Practice-Guide-for-Client-and-Server-Communication-FNP/ta-p/180991

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Hi,

Keeping license server issue aside, It is surprising that even the stand alone license checkout is not working when connected to VPN.  How can I troubleshoot why the standalone checkouts are failing?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

@venu_gopal , can you confirm the error code being observed for standalone (I am guessing unserved licenses)?

Also, what's the VENDOR license search path set there (lmpath.exe -status)?

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos
johnkent21
Level 2

Here you can use Ivacy VPN Extension for Chrome. It will work for you. I have also used it.

0 Kudos

Hi @taylorsteven  ,

Could you please let us know the error that you are observing while checking out the license ?

Also Kindly make sure that the server is able to interact with the client successfully , You can check this by using ping . The port of both vendor and lmgrd must be open and listening .

0 Kudos