cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjsch1
Level 2

Access a license across network segments

Hello all,

its not possible to get a Labview license from FlexNet Publisher v11.15.00 from a different network segment.

If the client is in the same network, its no problem. In the firewall all ports are open.

Does anyone has a hint.

Regards

Thomas

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@tjsch1 , can you confirm what's the error you are observing when the license checkout fails?

The major and minor error code should tell us the root cause.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

There is no mistake. If the client is on the same network segment, it is granted a license and access is logged in the lmgrd.log. If I move the client to another network, no access attempt is logged and the client searches and searches. A ping to the license server is possible, however.
We have tried to analyze the traffic with wireshark. There are some TCP data packets going back and forth and that's it.

0 Kudos

@tjsch1 , since you have mentioned that only when client moves to a different network its checkout request never reaches to the license server. So, it will be worth confirming if the lmgrd TCP port and vendor daemon TCP port are allowed through the firewall for in/out communication? Also, if there is any Antivirus available on server and client, then i will highly recommend adding the licensing executables as an exception and allow them to run without any flags.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos