cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbuehler
Level 2

Access License Server through Gateway

We are indirectly using Flexera through the Xilinx License manager. We got a problem accessing our company Xilinx floating licenses manager through a gateway. Xilinx referred me to this forum directly since the solution of our problem is beyond their skills.

Let me describe our problem here:

This situation is as follows (using our machine names, to make things as concrete as possible):

IBM has a number of floating licenses for the Xilinx Vivado software. The license manager runs on three windows machines, let's call them lic_server1-3.

We have a compute server, which connects to a gateway, which can access our company intranet and the licence servers. So the setup is:

compute server -> gateway -> intranet -> lic_server1-3

The gateway can also access the external internet.
We are struggling to obtain a license from the license servers. We have tried things like opening the ports on the gateway etc. but nothing worked so far.
Unfortunately this gateway has closed all ports and IPs by default and we have to dedicatedly open what we need. This is company rule.
Currently we cannot even ping the license server. Can anybody help us getting this running?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @mbuehler seems like this is a FlexNet Publisher issue so moving this query to FNP.  After reviewing the issue description, this may need further investigation using a support case to FNP, so please raise a support case and our team will help to troubleshoot further. 

Best Regards,

anatoli
Level 3

Hello @mrathinam ,

This is Anatoli Curran from Xilinx/AMD Tech Support team, and i'm the one who has asked Markus @mbuehler to raise this case with your team.

Apologies, i wasn't sure myself where exactly to raise this query. I can see you've moved this query to FNP. Is there a separate place where all FNP queries are? Where exactly this topic was moved too?

And based on  your feedback, i can see you've asked to raise a direct case with FNP. Where exactly can Markus open a new case? Is it using this link?

Can you confirm on the above please and thanks a lot in advance.

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi, @anatoli Yes, the query was raised to the FNO forum, and then I moved to FNP ( Flexnet publisher forum). Yes, you have to raise a support case under the case portal, create a new case and then select product details and then give all the issue descriptions. 

Hope this answered your query. 

Best Regar

Myself and Markus have both requested access to be able to raise cases. Seems right now, we both don't have access, so a new case can't be opened. Let's see if we can gain access, and if so, as requested, the case can be created then.

Thanks once again and have a nice day.

Hello @mrathinam ,

After raising a new case, they can't help me/us, unless i have an active maintenance plan ID 

I don’t know TBH if our company (Xilinx (now AMD) has maintenance plan ID with you or not. I thought our company is a partner to your Flexera/Revenera company, but if not, then we likely don’t have any active maintenance plan ID.  

If you can’t help here directly via the case, then can this be answered on Forums?  

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi, @anatoli Yes, I hope that is the process and this issue needs to be investigated further with logs and packet captures so without support case I don't think it's possible to continue the further investigation.  Please check with the right person to create a support case and then our support team will help to investigate further. (or wait for any other answer from this Forum)

Best Regards,

0 Kudos