Welcome to FlexNet Operations Cloud ALM
SummaryThis document is designed for new FlexNet Operations ALM customers. This document provides all the information you will need to get started using your new product.
Welcome to FlexNet Operations Cloud ALMThis document is designed for new FlexNet Operations ALM customers and provides basic getting started information. We also invite you to register for a virtual orientation session, called ?Ready, Set, Go!? The registration link is here. Additional product documentation can be found in our Product and License Center.
- New Customer Checklist
- FlexNet Operations Environments
- Flexera System Status Dashboard
- Product Documentation
- Customer Resources
- Implementation Checklist (Attachment)
New Customer ChecklistThe following items call out key onboarding tasks.
Table 1: New Customer Checklist
Product and License Center
Flexera Customer Community
FlexNet Operations has two environments:
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Production (PROD)
User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
The UAT environment is a place to perform configuration, integration development, testing, and training. The following URLS are entry points into the FlexNet Operations system.
Table 2: User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
|Producer Portal (you)||https://<siteid>-fno-uat.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations|
|End User Portal (end customers and channel partners)||https://<siteid>-uat.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operationsportal|
|Web Services Management||https://<siteid>-uat.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/services|
|FlexNet Embedded Activation Endpoint||https://<siteid>-uat.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/deviceservices|
|Cloud Licensing Service Module Endpoint||https://<siteid>-uat.compliance.flexnetoperations.com/instances/|
<CLS instance ID>/request
|Electronic Software Delivery (ESD) Web Services||https://<siteid>-esd-uat.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/services/|
|Electronic Software Delivery FTP Site||uploaduat.flexnetoperations.com|
Production (PROD)The Production instance is for customer entitlement management and licenses, usage, and delivery activities. The following URLS are entry points into the FlexNet Operations system.
Table 3: Production (PROD)
|Producer Portal (you)||https://<siteid>-fno.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations|
|End User Portal (end customers and channel partners)||https://<siteid>.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operationsportal|
|Web Services Management||https://<siteid>.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/services|
|FlexNet Embedded Activation Endpoint||https://<siteid>.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/deviceservices|
|Cloud Licensing Service Module Endpoint||https://<siteid>.compliance.flexnetoperations.com/instances/<CLS instance ID>/request|
|Electronic Software Delivery (ESD) Web Services||https://<siteid>-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/services/|
|Electronic Software Delivery FTP Site||upload.flexnetoperations.com|
Tip: Newly created users in the Producer Portal environment receive a password emails from flex<siteid>@flexnetoperations.com.
Flexera System Status DashboardThe Flexera System Status Dashboard (https://status.flexera.com) provides real-time insights into service availability. The goal is for you to confirm or rule out a system disruption prior to contacting our Support Team. In addition to the dashboard display, you can subscribe for either email or SMS notifications from the dashboard. By default, you are opted in to all product notifications. There is an option to select/de-select your product preferences to limit which notifications you receive for a specific cloud service availability.
- Scheduled outages, due to maintenance or product or certificate update
- Unscheduled outages
In addition to the in-product help library, FlexNet Operations Cloud product documentation is also published in the Product and License Center (PLC). New customers receive login credentials to this resource via the order confirmation. These credentials are sent to the contact who received the order confirmation.
Tip: If you did not receive a welcome message or do not know your password for accessing the Product and License Center, click here.
To obtain the FlexNet Operations product documentation, perform the following steps:
- Open the Flexera Product and License Center:
- Login using your assigned user name and password. The Product List page of the Flexera Software Product and License Center opens.
- Click on FlexNet Operations Cloud. The Product Information page for FlexNet Operations Cloud opens.
- Click on FlexNet Operations Cloud Documentation. The FlexNet Operations Cloud Documentation page opens.
- Download the documentation files. The following are a few of the guides that are available:
- Release Notes
- Getting Started Guides: Entitlement Management, FlexNet Publisher License File-Based Licensing, FlexNet Publisher Trusted Storage-Based Licensing, FlexNet Embedded Licensing, Electronic Software Delivery, Non-FlexNet Licensing Technologies, Advanced Organization Management, Cloud Licensing Service, and Usage Management
- Producer Portal Help Guide, Administration Guide, Branding Guide, and Data Warehouse Guide, Implementation Guide, Installation Guide, Reporter Corporate Documents User Guide
Tip: Click the ? icon located in the top right hand corner of both the Producer and End User Portal to access the FlexNet Operations Help Library.
Customer ResourcesYou have the following customer resources available to you:
- Customer Community
- Your Technical Support Team
- Global Consulting Services and Technical Account Management
Customer CommunityThe Customer Community is the most efficient way to engage with your technical support team. Through the Community, customers can:
- Submit a support request
- Access Knowledge Base articles
- Engage with customers- through product forums
- Register for a Learning Lab - through the Customer Event Calendar
- Suggest a product enhancement through the Ideas forum
Tip: Customers can learn more about the Customer Community by watching this video.
Your Technical Support TeamFlexera?s Technical Support team assists you with:
- Site localization and customization
- End-User portal configurations
- 3rd party licensing setup
- Vendor certificate generator hosting
- Distributor tier setup
Global Consulting Services and Technical Account ManagementFlexera?s team of industry experts is ready to engage with you on strategy, product implementation, training, and customized projects. The ?how? is often the most pressing question. But the ?when? is equally important. Our team employs ?slow in, fast out? methodologies to deploy projects on-budget and on-time.
For more about these services, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Product implementation
- Electronic licensing strategies
- Back office configuration and integration, like enabling single sign-on for FlexNet Operations
- Health checks, licensing, entitlement management and delivery, for example
Tip: We recommend customers start with reviewing the Documentation Guide and the Getting Started Guide to Entitlement Management located in the Product and License Center.