cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporter Upgrade FAQs

Reporter Upgrade FAQs

We've prepared this article to help you navigate the changes in the new version of Reporter.

What are the benefits of the new Reporter?
The upgrade of Reporter allows for an improvement in the overall Reporter performance and a more accurate dataset. FlexNet Operations Cloud ALM users will also benefit from more frequent data refreshes.  

Will there be changes to the functionality?
The new version of Reporter updates the look of the user interface and may include minor navigation changes. There is no change to the supported functionality. For a quick look at the changes, please see the FlexNet Operations Reporter 4.2 (New) - Overview knowledge article. For more detailed information, please see the FlexNet Operations Reporter User Guide (for ALM) and FlexNet Operations Reporter User Guide (for LLM).

Do I have to use the new Reporter or can I continue to use the existing Reporter?
For a limited time, the legacy Reporter will continue to be available alongside the new Reporter. We advise customers to use the new Reporter to ensure it can support their day to day operations and to immediately inform us of any issues. On August 6, 2021, the legacy reporter will be deprecated and no longer accessible on FlexNet Operations. Attempts to access this will result in a server down or host inaccessible error, which is expected. After the FlexNet Operations 2021.08 ALM production release (August 12th), the legacy Reporter menu option will be removed from the Producer Portal. The same will be removed from the FlexNet Operations LLM Producer Portal in a future release. 

When will the switch over to the new Reporter happen?
The switch over to the new Reporter will be August 6, 2021. We recommend customers subscribe to the FlexNet Operations News blog for further Reporter announcements. To help users prepare for the switch over, we advise user to review the FlexNet Operations Reporter: Transition Readiness Guide.

Will all my reports be migrated before the switch over?
We advise customers to cease creating new reports on the legacy Reporter. All existing reports in legacy Reporter, as of April 15, 2021, will be available in the new Reporter. New reports created after this date will need to be scheduled for migration. The migration will be completed before the switch over date. The blackout period runs from July 23rd until Aug 6th. Any reports created during the blackout period will not be migrated.

Is there a difference between the data in the legacy Reporter and the new version of Reporter?
No, there is no difference between the data available in the legacy Reporter and the new Reporter. Previous concerns about device fact and addon data not being available have been addressed.

How are scheduled reports handled as part of the switch over?
To prevent duplicate reports from being sent, we disabled scheduled reports in the new Reporter. If customers would like to use the scheduled reports in the new Reporter or when the switch over to the new Reporter occurs, customers can disable the scheduled reports in the legacy Reporter and enable the same in the new Reporter.

Can I create a new report in the new Reporter with the same name as a report in legacy Reporter?
When creating a new report in the new Reporter, we recommend customers choose a name different from a report name in the legacy Reporter. If the same report name is used, this will cause the new report to be overwritten by the legacy report when we do the data migration.  

What is the frequency of the data refresh and when will the data be available?
The new Reporter for FlexNet Operations Cloud ALM will refresh multiple times a day, approximately every 4 hours. For FlexNet Operations Cloud LLM Reporter, the refresh frequency will not change with the new Reporter. The FlexNet Operations Cloud LLM Reporter data will refresh daily and is scheduled to be available at 5AM Pacific Time.

Will I be able to see when the data refresh is complete?
At this time, the new Reporter user interface will not display the "refresh date". We are looking at possible solutions to offer customers visibility into when the data was last refreshed.

How do the Reporter logins differ between the Production and UAT environments?
On the Production environment, the new Reporter will utilize the FlexNet Operations login of individual users who have the permission to access Reporter. On the UAT environment, all users with the Reporter permission will utilize a shared UAT login.

Who can I contact if I need assistance with the new Reporter?
If you have any questions or encounter any issues with the new Reporter, please reach out to the Revenera Technical Support for assistance.

Labels (3)
Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎Aug 06, 2021 12:05 PM
Updated by:
Contributors