Providing a Customized Variable in Reporter
This section helps you to replace null values with a customized variable in a report.
To add values, do the following:
- On the Report screen, select a cell with a null value.
- On the Data Access pane, click New Variable.
- To replace the null value, enter a name and description for the variable.
- Select a Qualification.
- Define the formula for the given variable by selecting one or more object, functions, and operators.
The following example shows the setup for creating a new variable that replaces null values with a hyphen (-):
- Click OK to complete creating a new variable.
The following example report shows the results of a variable that replaces null values with a hyphen. You can always rename variables.