cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I/O Error! while redirecting to FlexNet Setup reset password page on first time login

I/O Error! while redirecting to FlexNet Setup reset password page on first time login

Symptoms:

After installation when trying to login first time to FlexNet Setup with default credentials it tries to redirect to the password change page, but before reaching to the page it throws error below:

org.apache.tiles.definition.DefinitionsFactoryException: I/O Error reading definitions.
org.apache.tiles.definition.digester.DigesterDefinitionsReader.read(DigesterDefinitionsReader.java:331)
org.apache.tiles.definition.dao.BaseLocaleUrlDefinitionDAO.loadDefinitionsFromResource(BaseLocaleUrlDefinitionDAO.java:150)
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ExecuteOperations.executeAction(ExecuteOperations.java:79)
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.doFilter(StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.java:141)
Root Cause
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
java.net.TwoStacksPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
org.apache.struts2.factory.StrutsActionProxy.execute(StrutsActionProxy.java:48)
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:574)
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ExecuteOperations.executeAction(ExecuteOperations.java:79)
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.doFilter(StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.java:141)

Diagnosis:

This issue has been observed mainly when customer's upgrade FNO from one version to the another version.

Solution:

This problem can be solved by editing the tiles.xml file present in the location "<INSTALLATION_LOCATION>\components\tomcat\webapps\flexnetsetup\WEB-INF\tiles.xml"

In the tiles.xml edit the first 3 lines  like below and restart the tomcat services.

<!DOCTYPE tiles-definitions PUBLIC
"-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Tiles Configuration 3.0//EN"
"http://tiles.apache.org/dtds/tiles-config_3_0.dtd"

NOTE: The only change we made is version i.e 3.0 and 3_0 from previous values.

Tags (2)
Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Comments

Thanks for the quick support.

The issue got resolved. You can close the case.

Thanks

Venu

Version history
Last update:
‎Jan 25, 2022 01:00 PM
Updated by:
Contributors